2nd Shift Operations Manager: Spincraft MA
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm
Qualified candidates should submit resume via 'Email Poster' link above
The 2nd Shift Operations Manager will manage the second shift production operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure a smooth production operation that meets or exceeds expectations in safety/housekeeping, quality production made right the first time, customer on-time delivery, and daily cost management. Position reports to the Production Manager or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, and performance of the 2nd shift (including maintenance) and assist with support and transition communication with the third shift.
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve performance results in the area of safety, quality, overhead, and productivity.
- Identify and implement corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in all key performance indicators as well as meeting our OpEx objectives
- Schedule, expedite and oversee completion of expected work and adjust schedule as required.
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, organization, and cleanliness of the production floor.
- Assist with Employee coaching, reviews, training, attendance, discipline
- Manage parts and tooling inventories
- Manage operational performance metrics
- Ensure consistent communication and coordination of the transition from first to second shift
- Responsible for the security of the employees and assets of the building on the respective shift
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Specifications
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and prioritize work in an effective manner
- Motivated, capable of dealing with a variety of tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in supervising employees and creating a safety-conscious, performance driven, winning culture
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees (written & verbal), assuring excellent employee engagement
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, processes, and reduce costs
- Experience in a Union Shop environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Experience and Background
- 4-6 years previous manufacturing leadership experience required in a supervisory capacity of a machine shop environment
- B.S. in Engineering (preferred) or Business related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance with EH&S rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated work ethic, with upward potential
- Continuous Improvement successes (5S, SMED, Visual & Daily Management, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read blueprints and technical drawings