2nd Shift Supervisor: Spincraft MA
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm
Qualified candidates should submit resume via 'Email Poster' link above
The 2nd Shift Supervisor will manage the second shift production operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Ensure a smooth production operation that meets or exceeds expectations in safety/housekeeping, quality production made right the first time, customer on-time delivery, and daily cost management. Position reports to the Production Manager or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, and performance of the 2nd shift (including maintenance) and assist with support and transition communication with the third shift.
- Provide leadership and direction to achieve performance results in the area of safety, quality, overhead, and productivity.
- Identify and implement corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in all key performance indicators as well as meeting our OpEx objectives
- Schedule, expedite and oversee completion of expected work and adjust schedule as required.
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, organization, and cleanliness of the production floor.
- Assist with Employee coaching, reviews, training, attendance, discipline
- Manage parts and tooling inventories
- Manage operational performance metrics
- Ensure consistent communication and coordination of the transition from first to second shift
- Responsible for the security of the employees and assets of the building on the respective shift
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Specifications
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time and prioritize work in an effective manner
- Motivated, capable of dealing with a variety of tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in supervising employees and creating a safety-conscious, performance driven, winning culture
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees (written & verbal), assuring excellent employee engagement
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, processes, and reduce costs
- Experience in a Union Shop environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Experience and Background
- 4-6 years previous manufacturing leadership experience required in a supervisory capacity of a machine shop environment
- B.S. in Engineering (preferred) or Business related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance with EH&S rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated work ethic, with upward potential
- Continuous Improvement successes (5S, SMED, Visual & Daily Management, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read blueprints and technical drawings