Director of Quality: Enginetics OH
Enginetics OH, Huber Heights Facility
Qualified candidates should submit resume via ‘Email Poster’ link above
Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of five to ten years of quality management experience. Position requires a working knowledge of management, benchmarking, outcome measurement, team development and quality tools, while knowledge of statistics, data collection and survey design is helpful. Incumbent must be able to successfully navigate in Windows Software applications. Proven highly developed leadership, organizational, interpersonal and management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, previous training and ISO/ AS experience is required.
Responsible for providing the overall strategic direction and guidance for all areas of business operations in conjunction with the executive team. Responsible for providing the overall strategic direction and guidance for achieving world class quality levels as measured by our customers. Accountable for addressing all aspects of business responsibilities in the best interest of the organization from a short-term and long-term perspective.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Corporate Quality Administration; generally facilitates, directs, and coordinates all activities pursuant to the organization’s quality standards;
- Remain knowledgeable about state of the art business trends, management process techniques, and measurement tools through continuing education;
- Establishes and maintains the integrity of the Quality Assurance system;
- Strategic planning;
- Business planning;
- Capital expenditure planning including cost justifications and payback analysis;
- Organize and facilitate as necessary regularly scheduled training with associates to educate and implement departmental and corporate training in quality, continuous improvement and corporate compliance;
- Benchmarking activities for competitive excellence;
- Develop, implement and maintain a company-wide continuous improvement plan which includes six sigma program management and lean manufacturing principles;
- Effectively communicates with all departments within the Company providing guidance and direction in regards to departmental functions and their correlation with quality guidelines;
- Analyzes and appraises the effectiveness of the Quality Assurance Department and system;
- Plans and prepares corporate and QA departmental budgets including fixed and variable cost considerations;
- Monitors changing developments in the industry’s quality processes and procedures to maintain the organization’s competitive edge;
- Manages and assists with internal audit program;
- Achieves and maintains an AS9100 certifiable quality system for the corporation. Addresses other recognized industry quality standards, such as NADCAP, or key customer requirements as appropriate;
- Problem Solving Methodologies;
- Process Improvement Methodologies;
- Serves as the Chairman of the Material Review Board (MRB) and Corrective Action Board;
- Maintain cost of quality system in conjunction with Finance department;
- Maintain company wide common quality management systems, procedures and practices;
- Maintain company wide supplier rating system in conjunction with Purchasing department;
- Research equipment needs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all employees within the Quality department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Attitude toward associates, customers and suppliers;
- Quality of work;
- Ability to work with associates;
- Job knowledge;
- All items under nature and scope of position;
- Annual goals as defined during previous year evaluation and/or business planning process.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation time and holidays, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Enginetics is a Drug Free and Tobacco\Smoke Free Campus. We do require pre-employment testing that includes a drug test, physical and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer