Engineering Manager: Enginetics OH
Enginetics OH, Huber Heights Facility
Qualified candidates should submit resume via ‘Email Poster’ link above
- 10+ years of progressive manufacturing engineering management experience in the commercial aerospace sheet metal component supplier chain
- Understanding of financial documents, project management software, ERP systems (Infor Visual), Unigraphics, Solidworks
- 5+ years of new product introduction in commercial aerospace or high mix/low volume component manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline
Reporting to the General Manager/Operations of Enginetics, Huber Heights, OH, a division of Standex ETG, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Site Leadership Team. Enginetics supplies complex sheet metal components to the commercial aerospace, military and defense industries. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager leads and supports the division’s business development goals through project management, new product introduction, capital justification/implementation, quoting support for repeat business, development of manufacturing plans which include material, subcontract requirements and manufacturing operations through BOM and standard routing creation to meet the customer’s expectations. The ideal candidate will bring over 10 years of progressive manufacturing engineering leadership experience in a discreet/make to print manufacturing environment, preferably supporting the commercial aerospace industry, along with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or appropriate discipline. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have demonstrated skills in providing leadership, be an analytical problem solver, and possess a high degree of emotional intelligence that gives voice to the Standex Values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork and Innovation with assigned team, peers, customers, and business entity.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops/mentors, trains and supervises staff.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Utilizes an APQP approach to a structured New Product Introduction process.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs the review of production costs in relation to quoted costs, adjusts through cross functional team engagement to improve part gross profit margins to expected levels.
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Responsible for the review and approval of final manufacturing and process drawings released by Engineering to ensure conformance to all design parameters and specifications
- Assure project management through thorough evaluation to determine a clear scope, resources to achieve, budgetary funds required, return on investment and project timeline
- Support Advanced Engineering and Business Development with quoting repeat or me-too components from assigned technical staff
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines/departments (operations, business development, advanced engineering, finance, quality, design & tooling engineering, project and process engineering)
- Establish a talent growth culture through development and succession planning for direct reports using the Standex Talent Tools and Playbook and ensuring all managers are conducting quarterly check-ins and have established individual goals and development plans for their employees.
An Ideal Candidate Would Bring:
- Demonstrated leadership experience to recruit, manage and develop a team of engineers
- Excellent problem-solving skills a must as realized through cross functional team in resolving complex technical issues.
- Sound financial understanding, including capital management and make/buy decision processes
- In depth knowledge of root cause and corrective action (RCCA/D3), DMAIC techniques
- Working knowledge of PFMEA, 6-Sigma and other advanced quality improvement tools
- Proven New Product Launch success from beginning to end
- Proven experience in Lean Manufacturing while mentoring, coaching others in rapid problem solving/improvement
- Identify potential roadblocks to project plan and make proper adjustments
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills; a succinct verbal and written communication style. Good listener.
- Humility, integrity and respect; the unique ability to balance a general manager’s need to be self-assured with the equally important need to communicate and manage effectively to appropriate outcomes.
- Astute, with strong business acumen and the pragmatic ability to recognize the effect of decisions on the customer and business
- Ability to manage up, down, and to work well with peers; ability to push back without alienating others.
- Ideal candidate has process knowledge of cold and warm press forming, hydroforming, brazing, vacuum & solution heat treating, manual and CNC machining, TIG & Resistance Welding
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation time and holidays, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Enginetics is a Drug Free and Tobacco\Smoke Free Campus. We do require pre-employment testing that includes a drug test, physical and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer