General Manager / Operations: Spincraft WI
Who We Are:
Founded in 1955 and headquartered in Salem, New Hampshire, Standex is a growing global ~$800 million, ~$1 Billion publicly-traded, diversified manufacturing company operating in five segments: Engraving, Electronics, Engineering Technologies Group (ETG), Hydraulics and Food Service Equipment. The company’s market-leading businesses are recognized for delivering high quality technical solutions to customers. With over 5,000 employees worldwide Standex leverages the combined strengths of its businesses to deliver profitable growth in current markets and expansion into new geographical and vertical markets. Standex has a unique culture where employees can make a difference by living our core values of accountability, innovation, integrity and teamwork to deliver on our promises to customers, shareholders, and communities.
Reporting to the Standex ETG VP Operations & Business Excellence and a member of the Leadership Team, the General Manager will develop and execute the strategic vision through the management of the finance, production, engineering, supply chain, human resources, programs, and quality functions of the business. Provides leadership, management and direction to the business, while ensuring cost, quality and delivery commitments are met or exceeded. Partner with Advanced Engineering and Business Development to develop/maintain key customer relationships to develop the Site growth plan. The ideal candidate will bring over 10 years of progressive senior level management experience in the aerospace industry, along with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or appropriate discipline. As well, demonstrate skills in providing creative leadership, be an analytical problem solver, and show the emotional intelligence to set the proper example for assigned team, peers, customers, and business entity. This role offers a terrific career development opportunity for a self-starter to play a critical role in supporting the business growth strategy.
Qualified candidates should submit resume via the ‘email poster’ link above
- Development and implementation of business plans/objectives to ensure successful achievement of Standex ETG goals.
- Assure the profitability of the Site through effective allocation of resources accordingly to Standex ETG Strategy.
- Provide day to day leadership to various operational teams that have responsibility to improve EH&S, manage cost, quality, on-time delivery and cash.
- Work close with Standex ETG leadership team (specifically Business Development & Advanced Engineering) to identify strategic short/long term potential programs, customers, and applications which match the overall business & technical thrust of the company.
- Establish Company credibility with customer audiences, Do-What-We-Said-We-Would-Do. Create the “need” for Company products and services through excellent customer intimacy.
- Assure the implementation of OpEx-Lean Thinking/Tools enterprise-wide throughout the Site to improve Safety, Quality, Customer OTD, and Cost Reduction. Efforts are to be through Daily Management with GEMBA Walks, accountability, and take-action urgency. Assure successful implementation of new products by implementation of formalized process with cross functional teams.
- Assure continuous improvement utilizing behavior based safety programs to reduce Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) to meet corporate goal.
- Assure utilization of effective SIOP with cross functional Site Leadership for proper resource planning and customer service.
- Assure continual employee engagement at all levels of the organization to achieve the Site and Segment goals.
- Establish development and succession planning for direct reports.
- Utilize other Standex ETG leadership and Site Leaders to resolve Site assigned issues that arise or trending the wrong direction. Support lessons-learned sharing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive senior level of management experience; prefer aerospace industry
- 5+ years accountability for a Profit and Loss in Aerospace fabrication manufacturing
- 5+ years implementing Lean tools (OpEx) enterprise wide
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline with emphasis in business administration or engineering
An Ideal Candidate Would Bring:
- Proven leadership experience growing and developing a high performing team.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills; a succinct verbal and written communication style. Good listener.
- Humility, integrity and respect; the unique ability to balance a general counsel’s need to be self-assured with the equally important need to communicate and manage effectively to appropriate outcomes.
- Astute, with strong business acumen and the pragmatic ability to recognize the business consequences of legal advice.
- Strategic and innovative thinker who can develop and articulate a clear understanding of the organization’s strategy from all perspectives and find creative solutions to complex business problems in the face of imperfect information.
- By nature, the winning candidate will have a bias for action, be strategically proactive, dynamic and personable.
- Must be able to move easily between strategic outlook and a hands-on, operations-focused view.
- Entrepreneurial zeal balanced by broad but rigorous business and legal and ethical judgment; tolerance for ambiguity; Decisive; Able to prioritize.
- Ability to manage up, down, and to work well with peers; ability to push back without alienating others.