Management Accountant: Spincraft UK
Spincraft UK, Newcastle Facility
Qualified candidates should send CV via 'Email Poster' link above.
Role Summary: To have responsibility for end to end preparation of Management Accounts for the Spincraft UK business unit and carry out all day to day management of a small financial team. The monthly close process and Management Accounts will be prepared in readiness for the Financial Controller to review and suggest amendments where necessary before submission to the wider group.
An essential role within the financial function, this will deliver effective administration of daily operations and services of the finance team with a focus on management reporting.
This is to include, but is not limited to, income statements, balance sheets, and budget/forecast information. This role will provide scheduled reports and information to agreed deadlines and to maintain a high level of customer service to internal and external customers as part of the Financial Services function.
Position reports to financial Controller
- Monthly reporting and quarterly forecasting process, ensuring variance between budgets, forecasts and actual results are understood and clearly explained. Thus, enabling Snr Management to implement actions across the business where necessary.
- Preparation and commentary of a monthly finance package and submission to the local Financial Controller.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasting for company, with operational and sales managers.
- Continually improve financial models and streamline key processes.
- Regular reviews, including but not limited to;
- Project performance (including income, costs to complete - C2C, working capital, change control)
- Production performance (ensuring all costs are accurately captured and labour is booked appropriately)
- Labour Rate suitability (ensuring all costs are captured and recovered through an appropriate labour charge out rate)
- Company performance (profit & loss, working capital, secured work, prospective work)
- Working capital processes to include overseeing Sales/Purchase ledgers
- Key involvement in business wide system implementation
- Provide support to departmental managers in relation to financial inputs and as required.
- Aid inter-departmental and inter-regional relationships with other areas of Spincraft and Standex Group.
- Liaise with Corporate, Operations Excellence, IT and other stakeholders to implement best practice as required.
- Aid with responses to internal and / or external audits.
- Review and implement improvements to processes and systems
- The role requires a rounded individual who works well within a small finance team and wider business team, is proactive, takes ownership and has a finance background.
- Clearly demonstrates attention to detail, organisational skills, effective analysis and application of appropriate business controls.
- An ‘achiever’ who enjoys interacting at all levels, getting involved in appropriate level of detail to get the job done, but adept at stepping back and taking a broader view.
- Holding an accountancy qualification/numerate degree
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically;
- Advanced Excel – including data query, pivot, spreadsheet modelling
Experience of Epicor/general ERP systems, with involvement in implementation looked upon extremely favourably