Quality / Manufacturing Engineering Technician: Spincraft MA
Spincraft MA, North Billerica
Full Time, Salary Position
Qualified candidates should submit resume via 'Email Poster' link above
The Quality/MFG Engineering technician will report to the Quality Manager and Manufacturing Manager. This role will work under the supervision of Quality, ME Process and Design engineers, assisting with creating data packs for product shipment, improving manufacturing methods generated through the ECO system and updating drawings and internal process documents. The primary role of the Technician is to assist and work along side the QE and ME staff in order to incorporate and ensure all designs, changes and or NPI documents are completed and integrated into our Document Control and ERP system. The Technicians will perform on the floor observations and assistance with process development, where needed, under the supervision of either Quality or Manufacturing Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop Bill of Material (BOM) in ERP system to incorporate all released jobs in line with provided estimates to manufacture.
- Develop Manufacturing planning, shop router, in ERP system to support release of work the operations.
- 2D Drafting of approved / provided 3D models from Process or MFG Design Engineers.
- Maintain Engineering Change Order system, incorporate changes to controlled manufacturing planning and documents under the supervision of assigned ME.
- Work with engineering and management staff on process development and validation activities
- Assist with in process inspections and develop SPC monitoring systems.
- Special projects as assigned by Quality Manager, Engineering Manager and or QE and ME.
- Assist in the transfer of processes and/or equipment into development or production
- Use FARO FOCUS system to capture spun part envelopes for stock verification
- Generate models of scanned domes for engineering evaluation
- Perform review of final documentation of Data Packs for final acceptance by Quality Engineer
- OSHA 10 Certified training
- 2 yr. Associates degree Engineering Technologies preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in manufacturing (contract manufacturing preferred)
- Experience with Metals and Metals Processing a PLUS
- 2D Drafting, CAD 3D modeling (Solidworks / ProE)
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products
- Independent thinking and motivator
- Good communication skills with colleagues and inter-department
- Knowledge or Experience working in ERP system
- Knowledge of AS9100 requirements
- Audit experience preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
ITAR / NOFORN Registered Company. US Citizens Residents only.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Quality: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday