Supply Chain Manager: Enginetics OH
Enginetics OH, Huber Heights Facility
Qualified candidates should submit resume via ‘Email Poster’ link above
- 5+ years of progressive supply chain/materials management experience in the commercial aerospace sheet metal component supplier chain preferred
- Understanding of financial documents, ERP systems (Infor Visual), Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- Certification preferred in CPIM and/or CSCP
- Assure all activities of the department meet EHS policies and guidelines
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, shipping or receiving
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to increase efficiency or performance.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history. Identify new sources of materials and services and ensure that they are qualified to perform, within limitations and scope of authority. Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services. Maintain records in the ERP system of items purchased, costs, and deliveries.
- Review unacceptable goods/services with outside vendors. Monitor shipments to ensure that goods arrive on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods or other shipment errors.
- Manage, coordinate and control materials planning/scheduling using pull systems, level scheduling, kanban, FIFO WIP control, and vendor-managed inventory with extreme discipline.Use standard work and eliminate reliance on “tribal knowledge” in all facets of supply chain/materials management
- Lead efforts to establish proper stocking plans per LTA and optimization of the pipeline, including visual min/max control, as well as effective replenishment of “runners, repeaters, and strangers”
- Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy (cycle counting), and ensure inventory objectives (in relation to customer forecasts and SIOP) are met.Develop and implement plans to drive inventory turns and DOH (days on hand) to meet/exceed Standex budgeted targets.Effectively manage E&O
- Develop, plan and implement prompt and economical delivery of materials and finished goods, both internal and external, using Operational Excellence tools and systems
- Define, manage and optimize all activities for making materials and information flow; ensure production planning based on requirements (products, quality, volume, sourcing and deadlines) in a cost-effective manner
- Revise production schedules when required (due to material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions), collaborating with management, Production, Quality, Mfg. Engineering and Business Development
- Confer with site associates and vendors to coordinate production and shipping activities to resolve delivery-related complaints and to eliminate delays
- Assure suppliers meet all supplier quality management system requirements, require 95% or greater OTD, monitor non-conformances, routine supplier audits coordinated with the QA team
- Drive YOY supplier cost reductions monitored by purchase price variances monthly
- Assess and develop team members to grow in their functions and cross train to maintain flexibility and support
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors supply chain demands for successful new product development
- Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork with all functional disciplines/departments (operations, business development, advanced engineering, finance, quality, design & tooling engineering, project and process engineering)
- Establish a talent growth culture through development and succession planning for direct reports using the Standex Talent Tools and Playbook and ensuring all managers are conducting quarterly check-ins and have established individual goals and development plans for their employees.
An Ideal Candidate Would Bring:
- Demonstrated leadership experience to recruit, manage and develop a team
- Sound financial understanding, including capital management and make/buy decision processes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven experience in Lean Manufacturing while mentoring, coaching others in rapid problem solving/improvement
- Identify potential roadblocks to project plan and make proper adjustments
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills; a succinct verbal and written communication style. Good listener.
- Humility, integrity and respect; the unique ability to balance a GM’s need to be self-assured with the equally important need to communicate and manage effectively to appropriate outcomes.
- Astute, with strong business acumen and the pragmatic ability to recognize the effect of decisions on the customer and business
- Ability to manage up, down, and to work well with peers; ability to push back without alienating others.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation time and holidays, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Enginetics is a Drug Free and Tobacco\Smoke Free Campus. We do require pre-employment testing that includes a drug test, physical and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer