Business Unit Controller: Spincraft WI (New Berlin)
Apply today by emailing the Hiring Manager!
The Business Unit Controller is responsible for maintaining the accounting system for the New Berlin operation as well as providing overall accounting services to the Plant operations. This will include completion of monthly close reports, tracking and analysis of operational results, variance reports, inventory analysis, and coordinating budget and forecasts for plant operations. The Controller will ensure that proper accounting and financial controls are in place and in compliance with company policies, GAAP practice and regulatory requirements.
- Provide monthly manufacturing variance reports with presentation/guidance to the GM and manufacturing managers. Work closely with manufacturing management in production planning, material cost, inventory management and production costing.
- Perform and supervise the accounting functions for the monthly/quarterly GL close, account reconciliation, and audit preparation. Ensure monthly closing of GL and inventory activities is completed on time and with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Provide executive management with monthly detailed analysis of results to plan. Prepare and present in-depth analysis of product cost standards and actual results.
- Develop timely internal reports to analyze production performance and cost drivers within the operation.
- Full responsibility for preparing accurate, detailed financial budgets and forecasts.
- Serve as a business partner and change agent, providing expertise on the financial health of the organization, but understanding the business process beyond financial accounting to provide suggestions for improvement when possible
- Manage the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll functions within the organization. Position is also responsible for supervising the Human Resource administration.
- Liaison with Internal and External auditors.
- In conjunction with the Standex Information Technology group, coordinate the companies IT activities. Implement new applications on the company’s integrated Epicor ERP system.
- Ten or more years of accounting experience in manufacturing operations, with at least five years in a plant operation with responsibility for the full complement of accounting duties i.e. G/L close, budgeting, variance analysis, payroll, and inventory management.
- Must have extensive experience in cost accounting, preferably in a job cost environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and financial modeling skills and exposure to concepts of variance analysis.
- Must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel, able to create complex spreadsheets, and able to understand and complete complex excel templates with business historical trends and explanatory information.
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principals, operational controls, asset management and risk assessment analysis.
- Record of achievement should demonstrate examples of contribution to improving performance of a business operation.
- Leadership skills must be evident in areas of team building, risk management, decision making and execution, and accepting challenge.
Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in accounting required. An MBA/CPA/CMA would be valued as well.