Machinist 2nd Shift: Spincraft MA (North Billerica)
Full Job Description
Description of Tasks
- Knowledge of CNC machines, tooling requirements, set up and operation
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, trigonometry and geometry
- Basic understanding of general purpose computer systems
- Basic knowledge of the machine program and the language to be used.
- Ability to write simple programs to machine tooling, and/or soft jaws (absolute and incremental program mode).
- Edit programs as required to improve efficiency, surface finish and/or errors in the program after approval from supervisor.
- M.D.I. (Manual Data Input) offsets to maintain print tolerances along with a basic understanding of tool pressure and wear to maintain production requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of tool holder styles and carbide grades
- Preform other duties as required in order to complete other tasks.
- Sledge Hammer (#20)
- Small Hand Tools
- Machine Tools
- STANDING 100 %
- Climbing - frequently - when climbing into machine (10"-24" step)
- Lifting - occasionally - 0-10 - 25-50 lbs - heaviest - the heaviest weight lifted while standing is a 106 lb tool holder, 2 X month from a 2 foot shelf from ground height.
- Carrying - occasionally - 0-10 lb. Wrenches and precision weights - heaviest - the heaviest weigh carried is a 30 lb metal ring for a distance of 5-15 feet.
- Pushing - occasionally - 500-700 lbs while pushing a 4 wheeler for a distance of 100-500 ft. Frequently - when making shoulder height adjustments to machine tools.
- Reaching - frequently - while reaching overhead to make adjustments to machine tools. To a height of 6'-7'
- Handling - occasionally - while walking with hand tools making machine tool adjustments.
- Fingering - occasionally - while adjusting insert holders with Allen wrenches. Frequently - repetitive motion/elbow flexion.
PROTECTIVE DEVICES/CLOTHING REQUIRED
Safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection as required, gloves, - Hearing protection required during some operations with machines cutting parts
High School diploma or G.E.D. along with trade school or experience in lieu of all types of machining methods at Spincraft, MA, as detailed in job description and the ability to read and write English.
Normal work day as designated by shift
Ambient temperature 85% of work day.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.85 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift