2nd Class Machinist: Spincraft MA (North Billerica)
1st or 2nd Shift
Description of Tasks
- Work from Drawings, specifications, and process plans; use a variety of precision measuring instruments, including micrometers, calipers, gauges, indicators and all Vernier instruments for exact measurements.
- Set up, adjust, and operate various types of milling machines, boring mills, engine lathes, tracer lathes, and drill presses; to perform a wide variety of operations on a diversified line of close tolerance and finish requirements.
- Ability to run at least 3 production jobs on 2 different machining centers with minimal supervision (does not include small machine tools)
- Select speeds and feeds, operational sequences and tooling for required operations.
- Perform recognized operations such as turning, boring, reaming, facing, threading etc., on standardized work.
- Grind tools, spin blocks, rollers, rings, etc..
- Responsible for equipment, material, work and keeping the work area clean and organized.
- Proceed with minimum or no supervision and direction.
- Work requires knowledge of machining, shop mathematics and shop practices, plus 5 years’ experience.
- Do all trim, cut out and cut off work with limited supervision and minimum re-work
- Be neat and orderly around work area
- Perform other duties as necessary in order to complete other tasks.
- Trade person demonstrates a working knowledge and follow all the PPE requirements for the utility position.
- Must have a valid OSHA fork truck license and hold 1C and 3A hoisting license.
- Demonstrate accuracy in all documentation and job reporting
- Be dependable, work well with others and focused on job being done
- This list is not inclusive.
- Perform the duties of 3C machinists
1. Wrenches 3. Clamps 5. Vices
2. Sledge Hammer (20 lb) 4. Small Hand Tools 6. Machine Tools
- SITTING 15%
- STANDING 60 %
- WALKING 25 %
PROTECTIVE DEVICES/CLOTHING REQUIRED
Safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection as required, gloves, - Hearing protection required during some operations with machines cutting parts
High School diploma or G.E.D. along with trade school or experience in lieu of all types of machining methods at Spincraft, MA, as detailed in job description and the ability to read and write English.
Normal work day as designated by shift
Ambient temperature 85% of work day.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.34 /hour
NOTE: Applicants must be US citizens due to the nature of our contracts.
- Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- Calipers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Precision Measuring Instrument: 1 year (Preferred)
- Micrometer: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- Spincraft MA, North Billerica