Utility Person / Polisher 3rd Class: Spincraft MA (North Billerica)
Email the Hiring Manager
1st or 2nd Shift
Description of Tasks
1. Assist with all shop production and setup operations. (Machining, welding, HT, spinning, shipping)
2. Hot spin helper operations monitoring torches to achieve and maintain proper tooling and part temperatures.
3. Ability to perform basic fabrication operations including buffing, deburring, generation of weld preps and other process to prepare plates, in process parts and rework parts for manufacturing.
4. Some rigging, staging, flipping product and tooling for all operations
5. Material handling operations that include but not inclusive of moving parts and tooling between operations and storage, removal of scrap.
6. Clean up of machinery and tooling, coat tooling with proper rust preventatives, perform general shop, yard housekeeping clean up and emptying trash.
7. Organize and maintain product and tooling storage.
8. Packing operations on WIP and finished components.
9. Basic fabrication operations and removal of material test coupons
10. Tradesperson demonstrations a working knowledge and follow all of the PPE requirements for the utility position.
11. Must have a valid OSHA fork truck license and hold 1C and 3A hoisting license.
12. Demonstrate accuracy in all documentation and job reporting
13. Be dependable, work well with others and focused on job being done
14. This list is not inclusive.
Education & Experience Requirements
High School diploma or G.E.D. in conjunction with the ability to read and write English and must be able to read blueprints.
1 year experience basic fabrication, material handling or maintenance
See write up for spinners
Pneumatic Grinders and Polishers
Electric Grinders, Drills, Polishers
Hand Tools, Wrenches, Mallets, etc.
Saws, Plate Rolls
Measuring Tools such as Surface Profilers, Micrometers Verniers, and UT gages
Power Rotating Equipment such as Band Saws, Lathes
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.13 /hour
NOTE: Applicants must be US citizens due to the nature of our contracts.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift